FAMILY FUNERAL RESOURCES
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website contains valuable information including an explanation of The Funeral Rule.
- Consumer Rights for each State from the Funeral Consumer Alliance.
- The Funerals Consumers Alliance is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting a consumer’s right to choose a meaningful, dignified and affordable funeral.
- Final Passages is devoted to raising awareness and promoting education of home funerals.
- A home funeral and Green Burial resource center.
- Memorial Ecosystems is dedicated to establishing a nationwide network of nature preserves in the form of “green cemeteries.”
- Out of the Box Funeral Planning is a consultative service dedicated to helping families navigate the funeral pre-planning world and helps prepare end of life documents. Located in Colorado.
- This site promotes traditional Jewish funerals.
- Selling a house after the death of a loved one can be overwhelming, with taking care of paperwork, cleaning out the property, and preparing it for sale on top of managing the emotional stress of losing someone you love. Our guide aims to make this transition easier by providing steps on establishing the status of the estate and identifying key roles and tasks. Additionally we have included resources for estate planning as well as grief and loss resources.